ChefSteps – These chefs are amazing at producing gorgeous, clear videos and recipe directions that will motivate you to cook things you never thought you could! A lifetime subscription is around $25, too.
Recipe Goldmine – Tons of great recipes, including restaurant copycat recipes.
Clay’s Kitchen – Clay Irving has a humongous collection of recipes in very specific categories.
Nancy’s Kitchen – Wonderful home cook-submitted recipes. Sign up for the newsletter while you’re there.
Prickly Gourmet – A great collection of family recipes and recipes submitted by friends. Submit your own recipe here!
The BBQ Guru – Visit Kevin Taylor, one of the best cooks in the country. His site is chock full of helpful grilling information and great recipes.
The Prepared Pantry – The Prepared Pantry is a family-owned business located in Rigby, Idaho. The company sells baking mixes, kitchen tools, baking ingredients, and gourmet foods. It has its own production facility for the packaging of mixes and baking ingredients. It is believed to be the largest seller of bread mixes on the internet.
Well-Being Secrets – This website promotes broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics.
Nutrition Report Topics
- How the media/advertising affect food choices:
- Specific nutritional needs of infants & toddlers:
- Specific nutritional needs of young children:
- Specific nutritional needs of teens:
- Specific nutritional needs of the elderly:
- Vegetarian nutritional needs:
- Genetic engineering of food (safety, quality…):
- Dietician career exploration:
- Carbohydrate facts, roles, needs, sources:
- Protein facts, roles, needs, sources:
- Fats facts, roles, needs, sources:
- Vitamin facts, roles, needs, sources:
- Mineral facts, roles, needs, sources:
- Water facts, roles, needs, sources:
- Nutrient deficiencies:
- Anorexia and Bulimia:
- Diabetes (causes, types, prevention, diet…):
- Nutrition Labeling:
- Calories (defining, needs, sources, comparing…) :
- Dietary Fiber (insoluble,soluble,quantities in food):
- Trans-Fat (health issues, sources, quantities):
- Antioxidants (sources, function,etc):
- Digestion (process, nutrient absorption…):
- Food Scientist career exploration:
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans:
- Food Guide Pyramid (servings, examples…):
- Food Myths/Fallacies:
- Effective Weight Management:
- Sports Nutrition: (specific needs, myths…)
- Nutrition During Pregnancy:
- Dietary Supplements:
- Food Allergies:
- Professional Chef career exploration:
- Nutrition Concerns of Our Planet:
- Pesticides, Hormones & Food Additives:
- Fast Food & Restaurant Nutrition Comparisons:
- Food Serving Cost Comparisons:
- Organic vs. Inorganic (quality,availability,price…):
- Herbs and Health:
- Sodium Use (safe quantities, health issues…)